About Me – Who am i?
Hello I’m Elaine, A Proud Mancunian and I have worked as a nurse on the Frontline of the NHS for 36 years, 32 of those as a neonatal nurse. Having reached the age of 55 in July 2015 and eligible for early retirement I grasped this opportunity with both hands. As a result I now view the world from a different perspective. rather than frantically dashing around with never enough hours in the day, In contrast I now savour life and take joy in everyday tasks and everyday occurrences. I don’t just look at life –
I SEE it. And in my opinion Early Retirement Rocks!
Describing myself as a tomboy with a feminine edge! I’m not your average 55 year old female. I’ve always been a little eccentric read more about me and what I can offer you. EarlyRetirementRocks is an over 50’s lifestyle blog. I work hard at growing my page views which are steadily increasing. My presence on social media is growing too, especially on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.
I have listed some of the specific areas I write about but am always looking for new oppoertunities and experiences.
Over 30 years experience in Maternity care,
Initially as a Midwife and then as a Neonatal Nurse. I can provide information and guidance on the following
- Supporting parents and families with a sick newborn or preterm babies in NICU.
- I have the ability to demystify Maternity Care and Hospital procedures
- Suggest gift ideas for the NICU resident
- Review Newborn products from a professional perspective.
Football It’s not just for boys
I am passionate about football from a female supporters viewpoint
Currently experiencing the joys and tribulations of the Menopause with all the symptoms associated with this my main topics are about my personal struggles.
- Weight gain around the middle – as a result dressing to disguise it
- Thinning hair – therefore trying and testing products to improve the look and texture
- Anxiety in the menopause – developing coping strategies furthermore how this impacts on my life
- How Brain Fog in the Menopause affects your work life – how I dealt with this
Having retired early from the NHS at 55 I love to share lifestyle ideas and my experiences of budgeting, all about me and my personal viewpoint
- How to continue a Champagne lifestyle on half my previous earnings.
- Visiting new places and being a lady that lunches
- I am able provide age appropriate product reviews and gift ideas for your Mother, Father, Aunts , Uncles, Grandparents and older friends and relatives.
I am a foodie and after football my main passion is eating out and trying new restaurants. I also love to cook and create new recipes to enjoy at home
- Restaurant Reviews
- Any foodie related activity
I love to travel and have much more free time to do so. I holiday 2-3 times a year with several short breaks in the UK in between – my short breaks range form a 1 night hotel stay to 2-3 nights stay.
My favourite destinations are:
- Cruise Holidays
- Mainland Spain
- USA – Las Vegas, New York, California
The services I can offer are as follows:
I love to share and would be more than happy to write freelance articles about topics I am interested in.
I love to review products or services and sharing my findings with my readers. My reviews are always honest and with my readers best interests at hear. If you think you have a product that may be of interest to me then please get in touch. Posts can be shared across my expanding social media accounts.
I am willing to work with brands that sit well within my topic base on sponsored posts.
I am happy to be an ambassador for brands, both old and new, that have products that I love to use. If you are interested in having me as a brand ambassador then please get in touch.
I am willing to provide advertising space for the right brands.
I am happy to hear from you please email me anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
Ozeri Home Products
GoPo Rosehip Joint Supplements
Altrincham HQ Social Media Training and Management Company