Here are 10 Random facts about me In my about me page I tell you a little about my occupation before retirement and my hobbies but they only scratch the surface of my layers! I describe myself as a tomboy with a feminist edge! I am one of life’s dabblers and like to try new things but I also have a short attention span and sometimes can quickly move on to the next thing or obsession. Here is a snapshot of random facts to give you a more about me and further insight into my persona
- In a new world full of coffee drinkers I love copious amounts of tea – I need 3 in a morning to kick start my day I cannot function without tea.
- In a restaurant one of my favourite choices is well done steak with a blue cheese sauce such as Dolcelatte – I have not bought into the current trend for bloody meat.
- I’m a shortie – measuring 4ft 11 inches tall – or 4ft 10 inches on a bad day!
- I am a completely in love with Vintage Hollywood movies, especially black and white ones and everything about the old Hollywood studio system. My favourite genre of movies froma fabulous era in the movie making industry
- I can play Texas Hold ’em poker – I came third once in a small tournament in Las Vegas. Younger players are always amazed when they are beaten by an overweight over 50 woman.
- One of my favourite quotes that I live by is from Shirley Conran “Life is too short to stuff a mushroom” part of her Superwoman philosophy” – don’t waste time on fiddly time-consuming things that aren’t worth the effort (which she viewed stuffed mushrooms to be). As you age you learn to stop worrying about some of the minutiae of life that you did when you were younger.
- I prefer savoury snacks – crisps and nuts over chocolate any day – could eat them every day (but don’t)
- I started to learn to ride a horse in my 30’s but realised it wasn’t for me – too painful and I wasn’t very good! They are magnificent creatures but scary with a mind of their own.
- I love biscuits with my tea – but due to weight issues I restrict my intake – my favourites are Nice, Digestive and Jammy Dodgers
- I only learned to swim after I retired at 55. I can do breaths in a hotel swimming pool still cannot manage the deep end. It is now nice to be able to take a dip on holiday.
If you want to know more read here