Autumn is my favourite time of year – it always has been and the approach of winter holds no fear for me at all.
Here are 5 of my favourite things I love about Autumn (there are more but I don’t want to bore you!)
- Sunny days with that lovely crisp bite of coolness in the air. I’m fair skinned and although I have loved this summers heatwave there is something about the clear skies that arrive in early autumn making it my favourite time of year.
- My wedding anniversary – I got married on September 28th in 1985 – yes a long time ago! Obviously I love this date in autumn when I can celebrate another year of happiness with Mr Fitz. The year we got married it had rained all summer, but the sun shone on our happy day, in fact it was a perfect kind of day like the one described above. In fact apart from only 1 year in our 33 year marriage it has been sunny on our anniversary. A perfect autumn day with my favourite person.
- The colours of nature. In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than the colours of the trees as the season changes. Designers and graphic artists try so hard to recreate fabulous visual images but that clever lady Old Mother Nature manages it all by herself without any technology. There is nothing nicer than a favourite long walk in the crisp air surrounded by the beautiful autumn colours.
- Football – yes I know it’s not everyone’s favourite sport but if you’ve read about me you’ll know I’m a massive football fan and my whole social life revolves around supporting Manchester City. Although I watch any football I can. In Autumn the UK football season is in full flow. Wall to wall Manchester City. Premier League fixtures every week, apart from International breaks when the National teams play – which I dislike. Then there are Champions League fixtures inter spaced with The Carbao Cup. I love it, not only visiting the stadium but watching on TV. This leads me nicely onto my next love
- Cosy nights in. I absolutely love Autumn for these. My favourite possession is my home. We bought this house after I retired, using some of my Pension Pot to buy this dream home. Even though I have a busy social life I love being at home as much as possible. Autumn brings the opportunity for cosy nights in. What I love is subdued lighting, candles and sitting with Mr Fitz watching fabulous TV. TV drama’s increase in number at this time of year. Autumn brings one fabulous show after another. I prefer drama’s to the usual crop of reality shows such as X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing. Having said that following retirement I have watched every series of Great British Bake Off. I watch in awe at the contestants creations.
Those are 5 favourites in a nutshell, but if you want to know more I have previously written more about why I love Autumn.
Here are some of the other blogger involved in this campaign. Pop over and take a look at their posts
Thanks for popping by I really appreciate it