Blogtober 2018 will be here and starting in a weeks time. In previous years I have enjoyed reading other bloggers content. This year as I’ve started blogging in earnest I am going to get involved.
What is Blogtober 2018?
Basically, Blogtober is a month of blogging every day in the month of October. Oh yes! That’s correct, every day. The whole idea is to celebrate creativity and the concept of creating content. In an ideal world I would prepare well in advance – but as someone who works better to deadlines I’m only just starting to plan 7 days in advance.
As far as I’m aware, there are no set rules to it. You just post once every day, and that’s it. Contrary to what I used to believe , you do not need to centre the topic of your posts on things to do with October and Autumn but of course there’s nothing to stop you doing this. I think mine will be a mixture because I love autumn. See my previous post about it.
There isn’t even a need to have organised all of your 31 posts prior to the month starting; as helpful as it can be, don’t be put off if you haven’t given it much thought thus far. The whole idea is that it’s a fun way to put content out there!
So on a quick whim and after a quick brain dump here is my planned schedule of posts
- October goals
- 5 things I love about Autumn
- Well Being Wednesday #3
- 5 autumn fashion buys for the over 50’s
- What I did in September
- My thoughts on Spooky Films
- Current supermarket buys to cosy up your lounge
- Recipe – autumn comfort food
- Books I loved in childhood
- Well Being Wednesday #4
- 3 autumn photo’s from my memories
- TV review – what am I watching in October
- How to dress for chilly days at football games
- An old photo – the story behind it.
- Ones who couldn’t stay #babylossawarenessweek
- 10 of My favourite Youtubers
- A day in my life – retirement joys
- Well Being Wednesday #5
- A review of Blackpool Illuminations
- Best Halloween costumes currently on sale
- Vindaloo or Korma? #nationalcurryweek
- First 10 songs on my playlist on shuffle
- 7 Instagram accounts I love following
- Why I dislike Trick or Treat
- A review of an autumn walk in The Lake District
- Well Being Wednesday #6
- Pumpkin carving
- Recipe – Pumpkin soup
- 5 accessories to revamp your wardrobe for autumn – looking fabulous over 50
- Review of Whitby – a favourite seaside town
- Well Being Wednesday #7
Well there they are – what a list! A mixture of autumn themed content and random topics. I hope there is something here for everyone – not just my peers over 50. I’d love your comments – are you taking part? Or have you been involved in previous years and giving it a break this year?
I’m looking forward to reading other bloggers posts too!
Thanks for dropping by – see you in October