Here are 10 Random facts about me In my about me page I tell you a little about my occupation before retirement and my hobbies but they only scratch the surface of my layers! I describe myself as a tomboy with a feminist edge! I am one of life’s dabblers and like to try new things but I also have a short attention span and sometimes can quickly move on to the next thing or obsession. Here is a snapshot of random facts to give you a more about me and further insight into my persona
- In a new world full of coffee drinkers I love copious amounts of tea – I need 3 in a morning to kick start my day I cannot function without tea.
- In a restaurant one of my favourite choices is well done steak with a blue cheese sauce such as Dolcelatte – I have not bought into the current trend for bloody meat.
- I’m a shortie – measuring 4ft 11 inches tall – or 4ft 10 inches on a bad day!
- I am a completely in love with Vintage Hollywood movies, especially black and white ones and everything about the old Hollywood studio system. My favourite genre of movies from a fabulous era in the movie making industry
- I can play Texas Hold ’em poker – I came third once in a small tournament in Las Vegas. Younger players are always amazed when they are beaten by an overweight over 50 woman.
- I love entering competitions. I have won some fabulous prizes and money can’t buy experiences over the years.
- One of my best prizes involved me interviewing the nations favourites Ant and Dec as a Backstage Presenter on Britain’s Got talent for Virgin media. And yes they are as lovely as they appear on TV.
- I prefer savoury snacks – crisps and nuts over chocolate any day – could eat them every day (but don’t)
- I started to learn to ride a horse in my 30’s but realised it wasn’t for me – too painful and I wasn’t very good! They are magnificent creatures but scary with a mind of their own.
- I love biscuits with my tea – but due to weight issues I restrict my intake – my favourites are Nice, Digestive and Jammy Dodgers
- I only learned to swim after I retired at 55. I can do breaths in a hotel swimming pool still cannot manage the deep end. It is now nice to be able to take a dip on holiday.
If you want to know more read here